Design and build a sub-30 second automated clutch assembly line with in-process verification and validation results loaded to the end-users MES system for data tracking.
Thirty-plus (30+) individual parts are fed in trays, pallets, and bulk to the system for placement and tracking. Barcode input for each individual part or box of parts.
A system integrating assembly, inspection, parameter tracking, and final marking of the end product. The successful program achieved world-class OEE and another happy client for PMD!
- Base casting inserted to the system with its matched stator and assembled together then placed to a processing pallet
- The assembly is verified for the correct model via barcode and vision
- Sub-assembly parts are added to the main assembly and tested
- All test parameters are verified and uploaded to the MES
- Proper offsets are verified and specified part thicknesses inserted
- All data is tracked and included in the laser marked barcode